You may notice the name of this blog, Conrad's Posts, has nothing to do with my name. Funny that.
In high school, my English teacher had trouble reading my handwriting. I understand. It's beyond chicken scratch. it is an insult to chicken scratch. Hell, it looks like it was drawn by a blind doctor using a chicken.
So, Donald, written in my increasingly illegible scrawling, looked to him as if I had written Conrad. It's a perfectly good name, I suppose. But soon, my teacher would no longer accept any papers from me attributed to my real name. I was to put Conrad on the top of my papers. Fair enough.
But Conrad, you see, needed a last name. I was quite fond of a shirt with the logo of the Washington Post. It was a horrid sea green color, but I liked it anyway. So I now had a complete name.
Conrad Washington Post.
I like it well enough to hold on to it for all these years.
No comments:
Post a Comment